We all love the convenience of minced meat. When treated with respect, mince can be one of the tastiest, and most versatile, ingredients around. From simple spaghetti Bolognese to lasagne, pie, meat balls, risotto, they all have the same common that is the minced meat. This Minced meat with vegetables dish is a great way to make sure we do not miss out a good source of vitamins and fiber contained in the vegetables but also bring a balance to your daily diet.
Minced meat with vegetables is a really easy to cook dish and we often have it at home. Not only it is simple, flavorful, comforting, versatile but also inexpensive. However, you can totally make your meals inspired by replacing your standard minced beef with different types of mince such as chicken, lamb, veal or pork. That will bring up a lot of exciting twists. We love to have it served with white steam rice or few sliced of bread on the side would be a good choice, too. I hope you will enjoy it!
serves 4 – 6
prep time: 15 minutes cooking time: 45 minutes
total time: 60 minutes
- 300 gr minced lamb and beef
- 4 medium potatoes
- 3 carrots
- 2 eggplants
- 2 table spoons tomato sauce
- ¾ table spoon res chilli paste
- 4 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 brown onion, grated
- 3 table spoons olive oil or vegetable oil
- 2 tea spoons of salt
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Preparing the vegetable. Add 2 tea spoons of salt into a big bowl of water. Cut the eggplants into big wedges or slice them into 1 cm thick then soak the eggplant wedges in the salty water bowl for about 15 minutes to get rid of the acid from the eggplants. Drain well and set aside. Break off the ends (the tops and tails) of the green beans, peel off skin of potatoes and carrot, chop into wedges, wash and set aside
- In a large pan, over the medium heat, warm the olive oil, fry the garlic and onion until light golden. Add tomato paste and red chilli paste in quickly stir.
- Add the minced meat, season with salt and ground black pepper and stir well for 4 minutes then add all the vegetable in the pan with 1 ½ cup of water. Cover the pan with lid and cook at the high medium heat for about 20 minutes then reduce the heat to medium low and cook for about 25 minutes more.
NOTE: Serve with steam white rice in a cold or chilli day.