This Italian slow-cooked octopus recipe is actually so simple to make, so beautiful to look at and absolutely delicious!
Either as an appetizer with a glass of white wine or main course, this is a stunning meal that will please both the eyes and palate. I hope you will enjoy it! Below is the recipes just for you to give it a go.
prep time: 20 minutes cooking time: 60 minutes
total time: 1 hour – 20minutes
- 1 kg octopus tentacles, cleaned
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled, slice into 0.5 cm rounds
- 5 garlic cloves, lightly crushed
- 1 big brown onion, halved
- 1 Thai red chili, thinly sliced (seeds removed)
- 1 tea spoon dried oregano
- 1 table spoon chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 200 ml white wine vinegar
- 1 ½ table spoons lemon juice
- 1 cup (250 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- Ground black pepper to season
- 3 table spoon of salt
- Add 3 table spoons of salt, onion and 4 little of water in a large pot and bring to boil over high heat. Turn the heat off and plunge the octopus into the pot. Let sit for 1 minute then remove the octopus and immediately plunge them into a big pot of iced water until the octopus is cool.
- Heat up the same pot over slow heat and return the octopus in. Keep simmering for about 40 minutes or until tender. Remove the octopus and let it cool down
- Meanwhile place the potatoes in the same pot of salted water and bring to the boil over medium heat, cook for about 10 minutes or until the potato is soft
- Cut the octopus into 4 cm pieces. Add the octopus and potato in a big bowl. Add all the remaining ingredients and mix well. Serve or let it marinated in the fridge for at least 24 – 48 hours for a richer flavor. Season with ground black pepper.