We are so fortunate to live in Sydney where winter is quite mild, rarely experiencing temperatures less than ten degrees. This makes for beautiful crisp days and cosy nights, perfect for getting out of the house and discovering all that Sydney has to offer. We love having picnic in any crisp winter day. For us, picnic in the winter also means winter BBQ and a tray packed with plenty of honey roasted vegetables just like this compliments the BBQ so well.
As now we coming closer to the end of the winter, we look forward to many beautiful crisp days and I cannot wait to roast another tray of vegetable for our next picnic day. I hope you enjoy the recipe and will have a go, too.
prep time: 15 minutes cooking time: 50 minutes
total time: 1 hour – 05 minutes
- 6 potatoes, chop into chunks*
- 3 carrots, chop into chunks zucchinis (white
- 2 beetroot, chop into chunks
- 2 orange sweet potatoes, chop into chunks
- 3 cut / green), chop into chunks
- 2 purple onions, cut into wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 table spoon honey
- ½ table spoon dried oregano
- 1 tea spoon salt or some sea salt to season
- ½ tea spoon ground black pepper
- 1 table spoon of lemon juice
- 100 ml olive oil
- Tip all the chopped vegetables in a baking tray.
- In a small bowl, mix olive oil, salt, ground black pepper, lemon juice, garlic, oregano and honey together. Pour the sauce over the vegetable tray and mix well with a spoon until all the vegetables are coated.
- Preheat the oven at 200oC and roast the vegetable for 50 minutes, turning the vegetables over a few times throughout the cooking time.
NOTE: * Chop the vegetables into chunks but remember some will roast faster than others so if you want to put them in all at the same time, make sure you cut larger pieces of those which roast the fastest.