Chicken Teriyaki Udon is not only one of our little family favourite recipes for a busy night but also a healthy choice for any other time. It will only take you 25 to 30 minutes to create an awesome meal with excellent flavour, so simple to make yet delicious to taste. Not only that, this dish will definitely satisfy your eyes with the beautiful and colourful of all the vegetables. Why to wait for another day to make it? Having a busy day or not, just roll your sleeves up and give it a go. I bet you will love to make it again and again.
Due to the fact that, our little daughter is allergic to sesame seeds so I exclude the sesame seeds in this amazing dish. If you are not allergic to sesame seeds and love the flavour of this awesome healthy food, you can sprinkle some of them over your chicken teriyaki udon bowl.
Dedicated to you is this below awesome recipe. You will enjoy it, I am sure!
Prepare time: 5 minutes Cooking time: 20 minutes Total time: 25 minutes
- 440 g udon (I use Kantong Udon)
- 300 g skinless and boneless chicken breast / thigh
- 1 small broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/2 red capsicum, sliced
- 1/2 yellow capsicum, sliced
- 5 table spoons teriyaki marinate and stir fry sauce
- 1 table spoon oyster sauce
- 1/4 onion sliced
- 2 spoons vegetable oil
- Prepare the udon noodles following packet directions. Use the thong to separate the noodle and drain well in a colander
- Boil 2 cups of water in a small pot then add the broccoli in for about 30 second over medium high heat, drain well
- In a sauce pan, add 2 spoons vegetable oil and heat up over medium heat. Add the onion in for 2 minutes
- Add the chicken in and stir fry until brown then add all the vegetable in stir well, add the teriyaki sauce and oyster sauce in and stir, cook for 10 minutes
- Divide the udon noodle in to 3 bowls and top with the teriyaki chicken and vegetables, poor over some sauce from the sauce pan – ready to serve