This warm asparagus mushroom salad is one of my most favorite salad of all time. I love to make this salad for our dinner with some simple pasta next to it. I would definitely suggest this for all the busy mothers who someday may not find enough time to prepare a dinner as you usually do but still want to maintain the health factor in it.
Not only that, this warm asparagus mushroom salad with buffalo mozzarella served with some pasta would definitely make you and your family happy. It does not only provide all the nutrition we need for a healthy meal but also bring beautiful colors to your dinning tables from all of its awesome ingredients which will definitely make your hearts sing and your stomachs want to dance.
Here are some information about the health benefits that asparagus brings to you. Asparagus contains very low calorie and contains moderate levels of dietary-fiber helps to control constipation conditions, decreases bad (LDL) cholesterol levels and regulates blood sugar levels. Fresh asparagus spears are also proved to be a good source of anti-oxidants and folates. Besides many health benefits we can get from this spring spear vegetable, there are also many way to enjoy it. We can enjoy it raw, steamed, griddled, roasted, sauteed, stir-fried, grilled or briefly cooked.
The best accompaniments for asparagus can be butter, olive oil, black pepper, lemon juice. Asparagus is used in making many dishes such as salad, soup, tart, roasted meat.
prep time: 10 minutes cooking time: 10 minutes
total time: 20 minutes
- 20 asparagus
- 3 large fresh Portobello mushroom
- 16 black olives, pitted, cut in half
- 20 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 3 table spoons of lime juice
- ¼ cup (60ml) of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 buffalo mozzarella cheese, cut in half
- chili flakes to sprinkle
- fresh basil leaves to sprinkle
- salt and pepper to taste
- add the asparagus in to boiling water for about 2 minutes, then quickly dip the asparagus into iced water for about 2 minutes. Remove the asparagus from cold water and use paper towel to dry them well. This technique is to keep the fresh favour of the asparagus and make it crunchy still.
- in a large frying pan, over the medium heat, warm the olive oil, add the garlic in and cook until light golden. Add mushroom in, stir and cook for about 2 minutes, then add cherry tomatoes and black olive in, stir and cook for about 1 minute then add the lime juice in, toss in the asparagus and season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the salad on plates and lay each half of mozzarella on top, sprinkle with chili flakes and basil leaves.
NOTE: Serve on its own as a salad, starter, light lunch or serve with some pasta as a meal